How Did I Get to This!?

 My first blog, Journey to Panama, describes the adventures of my move to Panama for retirement with my then husband, Bryant, in 2018.  His Panama adventure ended a year later when he returned to the U.S. and we divorced the following year.  We remain friendly.

Finding myself now single in a foreign country was not my retirement plan!  But, I am my dad's daughter and life's challenges and diversions are just unplanned opportunities.  As the December holidays were approaching in 2019, I decided on a new adventure... riding horses in the Andes of Argentina with friends that settled in the Boquete area from Canada.  My dad being from Montreal was the icebreaker. After all, I am part Canadian by ... injection!  

As the date approached for the final payment, a little voice in my head said "Call your cousin Malori and go on one of her Jewish single's cruises instead of freezing your butt off riding a horse and camping in the Andes!  What?  Are you nuts?  A 66 year old doing this mishuga thing?"  So, OK, I listened to that voice and the rest is... history!

Gary and I met on an Amazing Journey's cruise around Cape Horn celebrating the new year of 2020 together.  We departed from Buenos Aires and by the time the cruise ended in Santiago, we knew something was... umm... bubbling.  So, all that follows in this blog is due to my cousin Malori (our moms are sisters) whose vision of almost 25 years ago was to start a Jewish singles travel company, Amazing Journeys.  (AmazingJourneys.net) Gary and I are forever thankful to Malori and her entire family!  I am very lucky to have them all as cousins!

Gary had never been to Panama so after the cruise ended, I invited him for a visit to see how things might go.  Four and one-half years later, as of this writing, our lives are a modern version of  the TV show Green Acres.  Do I prefer 5th Avenue or mud and horse poop under my manicured fingernails?  You know the answer to that question!  

My mom was determined to raise a lady-like daughter that enjoyed the finer things in life.  I would laugh at her advice and tell her she bore a city slicker with a country heart.  I was always a tom-boy and a tree hugger.  Nothing would change that!

So, gentle readers, I offer my musings and reflections of our farm life in this blog
as they flow.  If you want more details about the journey and the history... well, you just need to come visit!  We'll leave the lights on fer ya.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Farm Life Panama Sept 15, 2024

Farm Life Panama Aug 17, 2024