Farm Life Panama Aug 6, 2024

 On this cool and breezy morning...I am awake from a short night of sleep, wrapped in my warm robe and drinking coffee grown on our farm. From our upper terrace, the view of the valley and pacific ocean beyond never disappoints and I patiently watch the sun come up to shine light on a mixed bag of sky. I rub the remains of sleep from my eyes.

One of the mares here was relocated to another farm earlier the day before and the remaining mare was screaming her lungs out, calling to her, as night fell. Not a restful start to the evening.
Then, our Jack Russell had an allergy attack of some sort and itching and wheezing commenced at 3a. This coincided with my love snoring soundly beside me. So what is a good mom and partner supposed to do? I got out of bed and took the itchy dog with me. Wiped her down with a warm wet towel and decamped on the sofa for the duration. All was good.
About 20 minutes later a cat fight outside ensued and the whole house was then awake, 4 dogs barking, and my snoring love exiting the bedroom to find me on the couch. Our two kitties were looking at us as if to say...'don't look at us! We aren't the ones screeching'!
After getting all settled back down it was 4:30a and I was expecting the sun to make an appearance in about 90 minutes. I shut my eyes and drifted....one of the horses screamed...
I would not trade my life for ANYTHING! Ok..maybe a little more sleep!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Did I Get to This!?

Farm Life Panama Sept 15, 2024

Farm Life Panama Aug 17, 2024